Definition of Terms
Definition of Important Terms
on Dhammakaya Meditation
1. Dhammakaya = The Dhamma body
2. Samma Arahang ("Araham" in pali spelling) = The noble one who is righteous (literal translation).
3. Phramongkolthepmuni = The auspicious deity sage
4. Luang Por Wat Paknam = Venerable father of Wat Paknam temple
5. Luang Pu Wat Paknam = Venerable grandfather of Wat Paknam temple (some people refer to the Great Master Phramongkolthepmuni as 'lung pu' instead of 'luang por.'
6. Luang Por Sodh = Venerable father Sodh (The great master's given name when he was born)
7. Candasaro = the great master's monastic name given on the date of his ordination; meaning 'the moon.'
6. Somdet = His Holiness
7. Wat Paknam = The estuary temple
8. Maechee = Buddhist Nun
9. Kru = Guru