20. The Mechanism of Wholesomeness and Unwholesomeness
The Mechanism of
Wholesomeness and Unwholesomeness
Compiled by Pittaya Wong
As of 20 October 2017
1. Humans are born on earth for certain purposes (please read other articles on www.meditation101.org to learn where humans and animals were from).
2. Each of the humans has ‘the Nurturers’ resting within. The Nurturers can be classified as (a) Wholesome Nurturer (b) Unwholesome Nurturer and (c) Neutral Nurturer.
3. The Transcendental Holy Primordial Lord of Element and Essence (The Lord Primordial Buddha) is the one who controls ‘the Transcendental Wholesome Machine of Element and Essence’ which transfers virtues through ‘the Element and Essence Linkage’ to nourish each human to have wholesome thought, speech, and action.
4. Likewise, the Immaterial Evil Primordial Lord of Element and Essence (Mara or Satan) controls ‘the Immaterial Unwholesome Machine of Element and Essence’ which transfers defilements through its ‘Element and Essence Linkage’ to nourish each human to have unwholesome thought, speech, and action.
5. The Immaterial Neutral Primordial Lord of Element and Essence controls humans in the same manner by making them having neither wholesome nor unwholesome thought, speech, and action. We can say that, commonly, all humans are interconnected to the Immaterial Machines of Element and Essence and the Primordial Lords.
6. At the same time, the Holy, the Evil, and the Neutral, from the level of Primordial Lords downward, manipulate and predestine the surroundings of humans such as other humans, animals, material objects, places, and situations composed of solid, liquid, combustion, temperature, air, and cognition, to form sight, sound, smell, taste, and bodily feeling for humans’ perception. These are the external arousing factors.
7. As humans see, hear, smell, taste, feel, and think, the Three Parties of Nurturer who rest within humans compete to internally conquer the humans’ mind with virtues or defilements or neutrality concurrently with whatever is perceived from the external.
8. As the internal and external motivation work dependently, if any of the Three Parties (Holy / Evil / Neutral) has stronger power than others, humans’ mind will be tuned to such party to be either wholesome, unwholesome, or neutral. With such mental condition, it develops further into speech and action. And the Nurturer(s) will recognize the karma and report back to their responding Immaterial Machine of Element and Essence via the Element and Essence Linkage within the humans.
9. In case that a human has wholesome thought, speech, and action, the wholesome Nurturer performs his duty by recognizing and reporting back to the Immaterial Wholesome Machine of Element and Essence. Then, the machine processes and computes the input karmic components and transfers the virtues, merit energy, and good programmed karmic consequence back as the output to such human whereas the Nurturer acts as an official who performs the sending, receiving, installing, and storing. In case that a human has unwholesome thought, speech, and action, the unwholesome Nurturer performs his duty in the same way like the wholesome Nurturer. But such human will receive defilements, sin energy, and bad programmed karmic consequences from the Immaterial Unwholesome Machine of Element and Essence in return.
10. If a human thinks, speaks, and acts wholesomely frequently, he or she will receive virtues, merit energy, and good programmed karmic consequence repeatedly. These will uplift his or her mind to be wholesome even more and more. On the contrary, if a human always thinks, speaks, and acts unwholesomely, the frequent receiving of defilements, sin energy, and bad karmic consequence programs, will downgrade his or her mind more and more. If one has both good and bad thought, speech, and action, one will receive both merit and sin separately.
11. In this manner, if a human experiences the internal motivation and external attraction which encourage him or her to accumulate enough merit energy altogether with the good programmed karmic consequence, he or she will reborn to heaven, Brahma realm, or even reaching the Nirvana as the ultimate destination. On the other hand, if a human earns more sin energy and defilements altogether with the bad programmed karmic consequence, he or she will reborn as an animal or hell beings to suffer from punishment. So, under the influence from the Three Parties namely the Holy, the Evil, and the Neutral, one has the opportunity to accumulate more or less of merit and sin energy or remain neutral.
12. In conclusion, the knowledge about mechanism of the wholesomeness and the unwholesomeness upon humankind can help us to identify the very cause of humans’ virtue recession better. Internally, we look at the strength of virtues that are transmitted from the origin to nourish our mind. Externally, we look at the surrounding people, animals, objects, places, and situations which attract our attention. Amidst all of these, it depends solely on ourselves to choose whether we will spoil or withhold against the bad motivation and attraction. This requires good justification and practice that do not occur by chance but by way of moral cultivation and training.
Note: If you have any question about this article, please meditate and ask the guardian of crystal ball shown on this webpage.